A visit to Ephesus is definitely the most important historical and archeological trip not only in Turkey but also in the world. Ephesus is one of the highlights of Turkey. Ephesus was a great ancient city much of which has been preserved for visitors to see.
In no other site you can walk so freely through marble streets, stand really in the middle of the great theatre, wander in the library and see so closely the Roman toilets and baths. Here you really feel that you are walking back into the ancient times. When you join the tour to Ephesus, you can visit the house of Virgin Mary, the Church of St. John and the Temple of Artemis, which was one of the Seven Wonders of the World, as well as the Museum on the same day. The House of Virgin Mary is the place where St. Mary was believed to come to live during the last years of her life. This house is declared as a pilgrimage place for Catholics. Today it is used as a church which has a mass every day. It is believed that Virgin Mary came to this area together with St. John and St. John also spent his last days in this house and was buried here.
TOUR DAYS: Every Wednesday and Saturday
- Pick up from your hotel around 06.00 a.m. Departure 07:00 from Bodrum
- 1/2 hour stop on the way for Breakfast (not included in the price)
- 3 hours stay in Ephesus
- One hour stop for open buffet lunch ( included in the price )
- Back to your hotel around 20.30 p.m.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Professional Tourist Guide ( They will speak English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Dutch)
- Entrance fee ( Virgin Mary’s Hause is extra )
- As the marbles in the ancient city of Ephesus are slippery,we suggest you to wear non-slippery and comfortable shoes.
- Do not forget to take your camera.
- As it is too hot especially during summer time we suggest you to take hats and sunglasses with you.
- As you will be walking for about 3 hours and there are no markets inside we suggest you to buy a bottle of water from the entrance.
- Taking pictures is allowed.
- We advise you to take some money or a credit card with you.
PRICE : 35 €